I’m totally buzzing from the Winter Day Retreat!!! Super stoked everyone had an awesome time. This dish was the crowd winner! It’s super quick and easy to make and well…delicious!
So if you couldn’t be at the retreat on the weekend, here’s a little retreat goodness you can enjoy at home!
Zucchini is vata pacifying and when cooked like this it’s super easy to digest, which makes it a perfect retreat dish. And well pepitas are awesome. This dish is best served with some white basmati rice. Don’t be scared of white basmati rice. It’s sweet, calming and grounding, easy to digest and balancing for all of the doshas.
Look out for the upcoming Spring Day Retreat! I’ll be announcing the date soon!!!
Dilled Zucchini Deliciousness
Serves 2/4 (main/side)
(Best served with some white basmati rice and a side salad)
2 large zucchinis
2 tablespoons ghee (or butter)
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
1/2 cup water
1 lemon wedge (approx 2 tablespoons lemon juice)
1 bunch fresh dill chopped
1 1/2 teaspoons of coriander powder
4 tablespoons natural yoghurt
4 tablespoons of pepitas
- Slice washed zucchinis in half lengthwise and then chop into large chunks.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of ghee in a medium saucepan on a medium heat. Add turmeric and then zucchini and stir to combine.
- Add water and cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add lemon juice, coriander powder and dill and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- In a separate fry pan heat 1 tablespoon of ghee and then add pepitas. Cook until lightly browned.
- Serve topped with natural yoghurt and cooked pepitas.